Creation of any project, big company, corporation, as well as start-up can be compared to a construction of a building. For an implementation, we would need the following:
- efforts of many different specialists qualified in various fields
- compliance with numerous nuances
- competent chief specialist, a manager regulating the work of the team
If we want to erect a high-quality harmonious building, then we would not be able to do it without professionals, crackerjacks.
If we talk about small construction, then we can do all the work alone, as well as further corrections of mistakes caused by lack of knowledge and experience in the construction area.
The same applies to web development. When we talk about making small landing sites, then a high level of qualification is not required and, probably, any enthusiastic student would be able to do it. To be fair, he would have to be an orchestra-man; he must be able to do not only programming, but also layout, optimization, administration. He should understand at least something in ux/ui. However, if you are planning to start a big project, then you would need a specialized team which has enough developers of different levels, who are specialists, professionals, and even more — crackerjacks.
Why would an outsource development team be more preferable?
- Distant (or remote) selected team specializing on your project works more efficiently, harmoniously and faster than the office team (deep reasons for that will be revealed in a separate article)
- Quite often a remote team is cheaper than the office one from both financial and human resource points of view because salaries are not that high, there is no working places depreciation cost, no need to rent big rooms and no “distractions” during the working process. It means more time is spent for the development
- It is not necessary to keep a freelancer as an employee for months and years. You may substitute specialists either during the project or as soon as it finishes. The main point is that you need to know the rules of the game and know how a development is carried out
- An experienced and mature freelancer is aware of responsibility and punctuality. His performance is often even better than that of an office worker who is already sick and tired of spending a few hours a day for a trip to/from the office
The size of your business does not matter. Maybe, you are a beginner businessman who just launched a start-up project. At the starting point of a new project, it is reasonable to outsource an IT team. If there are developers in the staff, then you don’t disturb them, and if there is no one, then you don’t spend time finding and gathering an organized team fitting to your expectations.
Probably, it is quite reasonable and efficient to approach the freelance developers market.