- Why and when you would hire an outsourced team
- There are several hidden advantages of outsourcing which we constantly use in our own company.
- There are preconceptions about outsourcing which exist in the minds of entrepreneurs, owners and directors.
Why and when would you hire an outsourced team? There are several hidden advantages of outsourcing which we constantly use in our own company.
First of all, outsourcing is not a cure-all. Any software product is an automation of links in the value-creating chain. In this process, the company should understand its own area of expertise. Key expertise tasks should not be outsourced. However, we tried to list conditions and situations when outsourcing would be preferable.
- Typical situations, when you need to get high-quality results quickly, constantly arise.
- Short-term projects require urgent mobilization of a team with rich experience in particular skill area.
When a task solution would take no longer than a year, an outsourcing is definitely a wise decision.
- It is also relevant when you want to quickly launch your start-up, and when hiring staff and establishing processes for the staff team would take a considerable period of time.
- Software development technology is a process which has several levels of maturity. Having hired a professional team with the required skills, you immediately start developing the product, and omit designing the production technology.
- If you are an IT company which develops complex products, then it would be rather strange to outsource your tasks.
- You don’t need to rent office space, as well as to establish processes in the remote outsource team, etc.
- If an employee does not meet your expectations, you realize that you have already invested a lot of your time and other resources in his recruiting and training.
While giving a task to an outsourced team, the company is no longer involved in further team management.
- There is a difference between ‘the project’ and ‘the continuous process’ approaches. When people work day by day on similar tasks, they start to burn out. People from outsource teams have a wider variety of skills allowing them to work on projects in different areas.